Wednesday, August 10, 2011

National S'mores Day! (and Homemade Marshmallows)

Pin It


Who knew it was National S'mores Day?!  Not me, until I saw someone else post about it.  I was working on a post about s'mores, so today seems like a great day to post it up for my readers.


A while back, I decided to have a go at making my own homemade marshmallows.  At the store, I can only get marshmallows that have food coloring and high fructose corn syrup in them.  I search around online, and found an several recipes worth trying.  I decided to go with the Alton Brown marshmallow recipe, since I have had good experiences with his recipes before.  Some day, I think I'll try making my own sugar syrup, instead of using corn syrup.




So, I made the marshmallows a while back. And why do I need marshmallows?  Because I love s'mores.  And I have a microwave, which means I can have that gooey, chocolate and graham cracker sandwich any time I want.  Yeah.  I've post about this before, but it never hurts repeating.


Elizabeth has been wanting to try one.  She thought she would like it, and I think she did, but ultimately the messiness of very sweetness of it were a bit much.






So she let me finish hers. :)



So now, on National S'mores Day, you know you can A) make your own marshmallows and B) make s'mores even with out a fire.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

making my own marshmallows is on my list of things to do!

Anna said...

I make smores in the broiler. :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...