Friday, June 18, 2010

garden helpers

Pin It

More bounty from our garden.  If one grown snow pea and about 5 strawberries could be called bounty.

Here are the blossoms of three other snow peas.  Not bad, considering of the 8 or so plants I started with, only one managed to survive. 

 

So there. I've admitted it. I did in fact kill some of my plants.  I don't know why they died.  Negligence, no doubt, but it's not like I didn't water them or feed them, or move them to a more sheltered place once I realized they were being nibbled on by some creatures.  Such picky things, these plants.
On to the strawberries. 


Have I mentioned that Nathanael likes strawberries?  Because he really, really does.


He discovered the strawberries on in the pots a few days ago. I have to watch him like a hawk when we are outside. Otherwise, he'll try to eat the strawberry right off the plant.



  

He sure is cute. 


We had some strawberries after lunch - warm, juicy and tartly sweet.



We're really enjoying our container garden!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...